Sunday, December 30, 2007

Free

Free...it's one of my favorite words. We have received quite a few things recently "free". Basically, we let our friends and family know that if anything is going to be given away, we might be interested.

In the last couple of weeks, we've gotten a 11 foot x 14 foot rug. The people who originally bought it paid about $2200 for it on sale. The best part about it is that the rug actually matches the colors that I'm doing in the livingroom.

I also got several loads of mulch for the flower bed free, courtesy of our county. It was a great early Christmas gift, especially since part of it was ground up cedar and it just made everything smell wonderfully! I'm thinking about calling them and letting them know that if they ever need to dump more, I'd be willing to take it!

Our barn was basically free. We had to buy a few 2x4's, some screws, and a couple of other odds and ends, but other than that it was all donated material.

Yes, free is one of my favorite words!

No comments: