Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas is over....

...and we survived! The kids woke up about 5:30. The got all the grandparents up before they came to knock on our door. The hubby put them off to about 6 a.m., but then we went ahead and got up. The hubby wanted to slow the present opening down just a bit, so that we could get pictures of everyone, so it was a good thing we got up that early. We just finished breakfast and got the turkey on when more family started to arrive. All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas, as I knew it would be.
The homemade gifts were a big hit. I don't think my daughter has put the doll down since she opened it. The ponchos were oohed and ahhed over as well. My mother-in-law got me a box of horseshoes for the hubby to make things out of. One of the things she put on the card was a beautiful cross, so I think that's the first one I'm going to ask for.
The family has now all left, most of the mess is cleaned up. And there's now time to breathe again! I hope everyone else's Christmas was just as wonderful as ours!

No comments: