Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Present

Our kitten taking a nap in our tree.






Are you as tired of all the commercials for the "perfect" Christmas gifts as I am? You can't escape them! Retailers want us to believe that the only way to show our love is to go into quadruple digit debt for each member of your family. The ads really bother me the years that money is extremely tight and I'm already on edge about the family's happiness.



I wish I could be more secure about the whole thing. I know I have wonderful children and they're going to love whatever we give them. I know that our children's love isn't attached to a price tag. Things always work out...so why do I have this knot in my stomach? I think i'm going to make that a New Year's resolution, worry less and leave more in God's hands.


We only have about a week before the family starts flocking to our house. I have sooooo much to do before they get here. Isn't it funny how we try to go out of our way to make your house perfect for people you see every day just because it's the holidays? I haven't decorated as much this year as I usually do. I love Christmas and decorating, but hate taking it all down! This year we decided to make things a little more simple and decorate less.




No comments: