Monday, January 28, 2008

Going High Tech

Yep, the Lucky G is going high tech. We are actually getting high speed satellite internet. After much begging and pleading by the hubby and the girls, I finally gave in. I must admit though, since I've started doing more and more on the internet I'm really excited about getting it too. We've been using plain old country dial-up which means that we've been "zipping" along at 24.4k. Most webpages won't completely load because the computer gives up and says "It's just not going to happen!"

The installer is coming tomorrow morning. And after the initial panic attack when the hubby told me that he (the installer) has to hook the computer up, which means he has to be able to actually get to the computer, I've been getting more and more excited by the whole thing. So, my task for today is to clean off the desk, clean out from under the desk, and finish cleaning up our room. I'm taking a bit of a break right now because TAH DAH! the desk is clean, except dusting. That's a huge accomplishment. ;o)

The hubby said once that he's going to get me a sign that says "A clean house is a sign of a broken computer." I guess I need to add "...and tractor."

It's all worth it, though. Tomorrow I'll be racing along the internet at the speed of light, or at least at the speed of satellite.

No comments: