Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Today's Chores

Today we had to do some minor maintenance on the farm. The hubby welded up our metal stock tank. While he had it empty, he went ahead and cleaned all the gunk out, moved it to another spot, and hooked up an automatic waterer.
While he was doing that, I gathered up a bunch of loose hay to put in the chicken nests and to scatter on the ground for the chickens and ducks to eat. The ducks always crack me up because they get so excited about anything new added to the yard. I also cleaned out the duck and chickens' water tubs and refilled them.



Tonight I joined my first blog challenge. Melinda over at Elements in Time has challenged us to grow one new thing this year from seed. (Follow the link over there on the side.) Then we have to write about it on our blog. I'm really looking forward to the garden this year, as we have added a lot of organic material to our garden spaces. I'm hoping to get a better crop this year than last.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Sounds like you guys were busy. I'll check out the growing challenge.
Blessings,