Friday, January 18, 2008

Photography

It's a really yucky day again today. Uckier (as my daughter says) today than yesterday. It's rainy and cold. Why can't we live where it snows instead of just cold, yucky rain? Oh well, no point in wishing for what isn't meant to be. I'd probably get tired of being snowed in all of the time and we do have some beautiful days that farm work can get accomplished. (See I am trying to be more positive about things?)

Anyway, since it's such a yucky day and I'm perched in front of the computer in my jammies again with a space heater at my feet, I decided to look up a free, online photography course. I found one I really like so far, not too technical but more than just the basics. It inspired me to play around with some of the photos I've already taken. You'll be seeing and hearing more about this course because we're supposed to post our photos online for the instructor to see. I've you're interested in taking the course too, it's at http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php and it's free.


So, here's the first installment.





This is the photo as I took it. It's a photo of my daughter riding at some friends' house. It's a good photo, and I like it.







But, I like it better after I did some cropping. I think this version is more interesting.



Here's another example.







This one is good.

This one is better.

So, I've done some editing and I've changed things on my Etsy shop.

No comments: