Monday, February 11, 2008

It's been a while

I know I haven't posted in a little while, and I decided that I should take a break from life and update my blog. Things have been a bit crazy around here the last couple of weeks.

The first thing is that my friend and I decided to go into business together. We've started making diaper cakes, towel cakes, and hair bows. We've already had some interest, and we have a big baby shower to do at the end of this month. We're also doing a craft fair the first weekend in March, so wish us luck!

My seedlings are still doing well, and the pepper seeds have tiny little fuzzy things coming out of them. I'm assuming those are eventually going to be pepper plants. ;o) I should've read the seed package and I would have know that the peppers take longer to germinate than the tomato plants. Naahh...who needs instructions.

The hubby decided to fix the PTO in our tractor that my mom gave me. The PTO has been broken since the 80's. So, my poor tractor has a "split personality". It's literally sitting in 3 huge pieces in our driveway. The back wheels are in one place, and the front is in another, and the middle is in still another. The good news is that it's all fixable. YAY!

We bought some new "peepers", as my girls call them. I bought 12 new baby chicks, but I haven't had much luck with them. 6 of the 12 died. I don't know if it's the breed, as I've had that problem with other breeds before, or if it's because of how early in the season we bought them. I'm thinking the breed, because the ones who've died are all the same breed. We've had unseasonably warm weather since I bought them, but I still have a light on them. The good news is that my other girls started laying again, so I'm finally getting a decent amount of eggs everyday.

Well, those are the major highlights. I'll have to do better at posting more often. But, I better go for now. I have crafts to do.

No comments: